AimsThe aims of 'Freccles' are:
- To promote practical environmental enhancement works at Eccles Station especially by volunteers for the benefit of the community and train passengers.
- To publicise and raise awareness of the benefits of 'green transport plans', rail travel and the attractions of the station area and its environs.
- To increase station 'footfall'
- To encourage community involvement and ownership, particularly by young people and schools, in conservation, environment and associated education artworks, poetry, competition, etc. at the station and its environs.
- To encourage local businesses to encourage use of the station by staff and customers and to sponsor environmental enhancements in the station area.
- To promote the station to healthcare service users, educational establishments and similar organisations.
- To campaign for improved infrastructure facilities and services.
- To encourage the use of Eccles Station as part of an integrated transport system.
- To work in partnership with ALL stakeholders to achieve these aims.
Here is Freccles' response to the Government's consultation on the future of the TransPennine Express and Northern rail franchises (August 2014)
Here is the Greater Manchester Rail Policy 2012 - 2024